Today I’m over at Mothering From Scratch as a guest MOMtor. I’m dishing up a healthy serving of humility and spicing it up with my own quirky sense of humor on the subject of Spicing up Motherhood.
Go look. I’ll wait.
>>> BREAKING THE MOM-NOTONY <<<
(imagine the game show “thinking song” playing in my head.)
Oh good, you’re back.
10 more ideas for Spicing Up Motherhood.
- Go outside and play with your kids.
- Hold a blind taste test and pit your homemade cooking against their favorite taco joint.
- Play MOMgo.
- Let your kids make you laugh about Turkeys (or whatever else they are saying)
- Sing. Sing out loud. Sing out strong.
- Develop an obsession with Eggs and learn all the bad puns about them.
- Threaten your husband with a red shoe.
- Create a new method for potty training.
- Express yourself.
- Blow stuff up (JUST KIDDING) – um… Try something new. Face your fears. Giggle.
If you’ve found your way here from Mothering from Scratch, Welcome.
I’m so glad you’re here.
(i’m glad you’re here if you found my blog some other way too, don’t feel left out.)
I blog about finding joy in motherhood through humor, inspiration, challenges, enlightenment, and purpose. It may seem like an unpredictable mix of stories, but I promise there’s a point.
- On Tuesdays I share a story about how my kids make me laugh.
- On Fridays I participate in Five Minute Friday.
- On Sundays I share Thankful Thoughts.
The rest of the week I’m dishing up a mixture of tales from my remodel (two years and counting), my engineering obsessed husband, my battle of wits with a picky eater, surviving the cat’s onslaught of nastiness, yarn, eggs, socks, and Jesus.
(that may be the first time that combination of subjects EVER appeared in the same paragraph. i can’t wait to see what google makes of that.)
Above all, I’m here to encourage you as we journey together in motherhood.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://thishappymom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DSC_0036.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Houston Mom Blogger Susan Baker has a passion for encouraging weary worn out mothers to find joy in everyday motherhood. She has two elementary school boys, one engineering husband, and one cat. She has a strange fascination for eggs, socks, and books. She spends far too much time on Social Media and at Target. She is crazy in love with her family. She serves an amazing God. She lives an ordinary life filled with wonder. [/author_info] [/author]