I tried to write a bucket list (and even started a blog post on the subject) but part way in I realized it was way too much work.
So (drum roll please) here it is.
My Resolutions for 2013.
- I resolve to publish the e-book.
- I resolve to throw my sons real birthday parties.
- I resolve to do my darndest to make sure the remodel actually gets finished this year and that our home is “guest-worthy.”
- I resolve to keep working on the bucket list until I actually have one.
- I resolve to finally figure out what to do with all the crochet hats I make.
Furthermore, I resolve to continue…
- My weekly coffee and lunch dates with my husband.
- My daily pursuit of solitude and time with God.
- The slow and steady improvement in our family’s eating habits, fitness levels, and overall health.
- My monthly goal setting (and achieving) habit.
- Reading two new books a month.
- Being the best me I know how to be – as authentically as I can be.
- Drinking more water than wine each day.
- Going to church and participating in our small group.
- Laugh more than I cry.
- Being a good friend, good wife, good mom, and good daughter.
This is a year of risk, big dreams, and vulnerability. It’s a year of finishing what I’ve started.
Seeing it on paper, I’m excited. It makes me want to spend the rest of the day in my planner, breaking those big resolutions down into smaller steps and mapping out the year. Mentally, I’ve already started breaking those big dreams down – and I can see it happening.
Something about that makes me feel very very happy indeed.
I’d love to know if you’re turning a big dream into a reality this year.