Today is tax day (aka Procrastination Day).
I find myself once again putting my entire life on hold while I make a mad scramble to finish our taxes before car line today. I wrote about it last year.
I know better than to do this and I did it anyway. Again. I had every intention of getting started sooner, but it just felt so… overwhelming and icky. Seriously icky.
Instead, I did a LOT of procrastinating. I’m good at it.
21 things to do instead of taxes:
- Sort socks.
- Clean out medicine cabinet.
- Vacuum under couch cushions.
- Roll lose change to take to bank.
- Repaint laundry room.
- Purchase office supplies.
- Learn to knit.
- Weed garden.
- Bathe cat.
- Research document retention laws.
- Manually shred 20 year old tax documents.
- Organize childhood photos.
- Update Facebook profile.
- Reorganize Pinterest boards.
- Make appointment with psychologist.
- Clean out purse.
- Find source of mystery smell in car.
- Netflix marathon.
- Clean out spam folder in email.
- Write blog post.
See? There’s plenty of things to do to keep procrastinating.
Happy Procrastination Day!
Now if you’ll excuse me, the cat needs a bath.